The Last Single Girl?

As a soon to be married woman, I have a unique insight into this transition from single woman to wife. This weekend I will recite my vows and marry my best friend. Not to get too sappy, but to be honest, I can’t wait! As this week flies by I ponder my last few days as a single gal and realize that this week, I will do many things for the “last” time. Since my sentimental side takes over in situations like this, I wonder if other girls in my same position also think about the period in their life that is ending before the new one begins. Or do they run, arms outstretched, towards their future without so much as a backwards glance? This is a week of reflection for me, the significance of Saturday is not lost on me, I’m not in any sort of princess fantasy delusion. The prospect of us being together for the rest of my life makes me feel happy. Happy in a content, satisfied, safe, and wonderful way that makes me feel like my future happiness is almost guaranteed. He’s not a stranger to me, I know his flaws, and he knows mine. We just work together; we compliment each other in a way where we just fit. I can’t help but wonder… should a be more happy or nostalgic that this is my last week as a single girl?

0 comments:

Post a Comment